Dates and Rates ~ Everything you need to know!
Below are the camp rates for the summer. For your convenience, we have created multiple sessions to give you the flexibility of fitting in summer vacation plans with camp. We have also taken special pains to keep the rates affordable without compromising the quality of the camp experience.
2019 Camp Rates
Winter Camp Overnight
December 26th through Jan 3rd $575
Spring Break Camp
Summer Camp Day Rates
Day Camp includes Weekday Horsemanship Program, 8:30am-2:30pm, Early and Late Pick-up Available.
- 1 week (intro camp weeks) $475
- 2 weeks (any of the three 2-week sessions) $925
- 3 weeks (any of the two-week sessions plus an intro camp week) $1,375
- 4 weeks $1,775 (any of the two 4-week sessions)
Summer Overnight Rates
*Include One Daily Riding Session, additional packages are available as add-on options. 1 week sessions may include additional opportunities.
- 1 week (intro camp weeks) $1,150
- 2 weeks (2 week sessions) $2,100
- 3 weeks (any of the two-week sessions plus an intro camp week) $3,075
- 4 weeks $3,995 (Main Camp)
- Please inquire about additional week rates
Summer Camp Dates 2019
June 16th to June 22nd
July 7th to July 13th
July 14th to July 20th
August 4th to August 11th (wait list)
June 23rd to July 6th
July 7th to July 20th
July 21st to August 3rd
June 16th to July 6th
July 14th to August 3rd
FOUR WEEK CAMP
June 23rd to August 3rd
- Additional Riding Session Package $600 per two week session.
- Day Adventure trips available (gem mining, ropes courses, go carts)- priced prior to sessions.
- Advanced Horsemanship Add-on, per two-week session, $1250 and up – please contact for availability.
- Bring Your Own Horse- $200 per week, must include all pertinent veterinary records and allow us to communicate with your home barn in order to provide continuity of care.
- Local Camper Options – Ask us!
- CIT program available-counselors in training-age 16 and up-8 or 10 week program. Add on weeks by special request. tuition is discounted.
- Military Rates – 5% off of Spring Break & Holiday Camp – 10% Summer Camp Rates. Must be parent or legal guardian of participating child. Military photo I.D. is required.
**10% discount if registration is paid in full by March 1, 2019**
Please contact us for wire transfer instructions.
Payment by check
Make checks payable to Hobbit Hill and send to:
223 Cody Embler Road, Alexander, NC 28701
*please use certified mail or UPS for mail-in payment options as Camp Hobbit Hill cannot guarantee registration until payments are processed
Payment by Credit Card
Make you Camp Deposit or Pay-In-Full on our Camp Payments Page >
Transportation Services-there will be a charge of $150, each way, for airport pickup/drop off services at the Asheville airport. There will be a $250 charge for a similar service at Charlotte International Airport. Please advise us of the flight schedule one week in advance with the airline and flight information.
Horse Shows- Our campers may choose to compete in horse shows. Please indicate if you are interested in our show program.Most shows are off property and will require additional arrangements between the camp and barn staff.
Camp Adventures- On the application form, please indicate which outside adventures you would like your child to participate in. If you do not indicate one and decide, at a later date, that you want your child to participate in an outside camp adventure, we will need a letter of permission or at least an email to indicate that you want your child to attend the camp adventure.
Personal Expense Account: Each camper will deposit money into a camp expense account from which we deduct fees for horse shows, canteen, camp trips, bowling, movies and rollerskating etc. We suggest a beginning balance of $250. Add to that amount the cost of Camp Adventures that you choose for your child to participate in. Money must be deposited in camper’s account on opening day. Laundry: There is a $20.00 charge for laundry which is sent out each week. It will be deducted from the camp expense account.
1. Outdoor Day Trip – $150
3. Zip lines-$75
4. Off-Site Horse shows-$550-$800, all inclusive fee for 2-day overnight show
5. Fun Zone (movies, museums, etc.) – $40
NOTE: A good rule of thumb is to total all of the Camp Adventures you think your camper may want to do and plan on adding that to your campers Personal Expense Account at the start of camp.
Deposits are non-refundable for any reason. Camp tuition fees are non-refundable for any reason; we recommend that you procure travel interruption insurance in case your daughter cannot attend her scheduled camp session for any reason, including but not limited to sickness or injury. Our expenses are fixed in advance based on a definite number of campers for a specified time, therefore there will be no rebates or deductions taken from any fees for entering late or leaving early for any reason. Any camper violating camp rules and regulations or using or possessing drugs or alcohol on or off premises during their stay will be expelled and their fees and expenses will not be refunded. I agree to remove my daughter upon notification if she exhibits emotional, behavioral or psychological conditions which are disruptive to the camp program or harmful to herself, without refund of any fees. We strongly recommend that you procure Camper Cancellation Insurance in case your daughter cannot attend for any reason, including, but not limited to sickness or injury. Camp Cancellation insurance is available from CSA Travel Protection.
Payment of Fees
Fees are payable in accordance with the following schedule: Deposit of $250 is due on day you make your reservation online, this payment can be made on our Camp Payments page. We will hold your reservation form for three days if we do not receive your payment with the registration form. We will confirm your reservation, once we receive your deposit. Balance of all fees is due by April 30, 2019 or prior to session start date (Whichever date comes first). If a camper’s tuition is not paid in full by this date the camper may forfeit her reservation. Reservations made after April 30th will be honored only if there is space available. The tuition must be paid in full at the time of reservation in order to secure the campers spot. Payments can be made by check or by wire transfer of funds or via the Camp Payments page at time of reservation.